Recipe by Chef Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Wednesday, September 20th.
Ready in: 15 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
In this recipe we serve this sweet relish on baguette slices with feta, but it’s also great on sausages, hot dogs, on sandwiches, in tacos, etc.
From the Market:
- Three Banana peppers from Snapfinger Farm
- Four purple and red bell peppers from Mealor Family Gardens
- One large Jonagold apple from Mercier Orchards
- Pecan oil from Oliver Farm
- Feta cheese from Formaggio (for serving)
- Baguette from Proof Bakeshop (for serving)
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the peppers and apples.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of pecan oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Add peppers and apples.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the apples are translucent and the peppers soften.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup of sugar into the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve on baguette with feta.
*Will keep about one week in the fridge.
Our at-market Educational Chef demos are made possible by the generous support of Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.