Recipe by Porter Mitchell
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on September 24, 2016
- Watermelon radishes from Furrowed Earth Farm
- Pears from Partnership Farm
- Fresh Chevre (goat cheese) from Formaggio
- Basil from Jody’s Farm
- Slice watermelon radishes into rounds. They should be about the thickness of a nickel.
- Halve pears, remove seeds and stem. Slice into wedges.
- Pluck small leaves of basil from stem. Tear larger pieces in halves or in quarters.
- Spread a ring-finger nail’s worth of chevre onto radish and pear slices. Place basil on top of chevre.
Makes a great afternoon snack or a beautiful hors d’oeuvres dish to bring to any dinner party.