Recipe by Paola Villafane.
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017.
- One large watermelon-Mealor Family Gardens
- Sourwood honey-Bee Wild
- One lime (can substitute lemon or use one half of a lemon and one half of a lime)
- Chili powder
1. Zest lime. Add the zest to a mortar. Slice lime in half and set aside to juice later.
2. Add a teaspoon of chili powder and a heavy sprinkle of salt to the mortar and muddle with the lime zest until grainy.
3. Slice watermelon into your preferred shape, either into small slices to eat by hand or in small chunks to make a salad. Squeeze lime halves over watermelon pieces.
4. Sprinkle chili and lime mix onto to the watermelon and drizzle with honey. Enjoy!
Our At-Market Educational chef demos made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.