Recipe by Educational Chef Carolynn Ladd
Demonstrated at East Atlanta Village Farmers Market on August 3, 2017
- 2 eggs – Terranova Farm
- 4 tomatoes, 1 and ½ cup when chopped – Crack in the Sidewalk Farmlet
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional) – Decimal Place Farm
- 4 and ½ tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil to fry
- Whisk the eggs.
- Remove the seeds of tomatoes and squeeze gently to remove their excessive juice because we don’t want them to make the batter too juicy.
- Chop them in tiny pieces and toss in whisked eggs. Add tomato paste and stir.
- Fold in crumbled feta.
- Add in flour and stir. You may need to add a little more flour because the tomatoes might still release their juice when mixed with other things. You should have a batter a little thicker than a cake batter.
- Add chopped fresh dill, salt and black pepper and stir.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and drop batter with a teaspoon in the oil. Fry it about 30 seconds on each side or until it has the color you desire.
- Transfer on a paper towel to remove excessive oil and serve warm.
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.