Tomato and Melon Ceviche
Recipe by Spencer Gomez of Holeman & Finch Public House
Demonstrated at Ponce City Farmers Market on July 25, 2017
- 2 large cucumbers of choice (Levity Farms)
- ½ pint tomatoes, charred on grill and split. Cooled. (Cosmos Organic Farm)
- ½ small melon of choice (preferably seedless)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced very small (King of Crops)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ red onion shaved on mandolin (Cosmos Organic Farm)
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder with cumin (preferably a blend of spicy and mild summer peppers)
- ne bunch cilantro, chopped (Truly Living Well)
- One cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dice cucumbers and combine with lime juice and olive oil. Let sit for one hour.
- Char tomatoes on grill and allow time to cool. Split with sharp knife and mix with cucumbers
- Dice melon and add to mix 4. Seed and Dice jalapeño very small (Brunoise) add to mix
- Dice avocado, add to mix and stir until mix begins to thicken 6.
- Shave red onion on mandolin (Thinner the better)
- Add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste.
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.