Recipe by Chef Skye
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on August 8, 2017
- Two large slicing tomatoes – Mealor Family Gardens
- One bunch basil – Snapfinger Farm
- One baguette- Proof Bakeshop
- 2 cloves garlic
- Slice baguette into one inch slices. You can toast the slices too if you like.
- Chop the tomatoes into 1/2 inch chunks and place in mixing bowl.
- Dice two cloves garlic and add to bowl. Keep the rest of the garlic for another recipe.
- Chiffonade about 8-10 basil leaves and add to bowl. Sprinkle with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes to let the tomatoes release their juices. Spoon mixture onto bread. Enjoy!
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.