Raw Veggie and Pesto Salad
Recipe by Educational Chef Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on August 30, 2017
- 1/2 pound pink eye peas
- 3/4 pound red and green okra
- 1 pint sun gold cherry tomatoes (Mealor Family Gardens)
- 1/2 jar classic basil pesto (Pestogrino)
- 3/4 onion (Local Lands)
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Shell peas and place in a bowl.
- Slice okra and onions into thin, angled slices then roughly chop once or twice. Add to bowl.
- Half cherry tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Pour half of the jar of pesto into the bowl and mix.
- Adjust flavor with salt and pepper (a small dash of balsamic vinegar is recommended).
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.