Recipe by Chef Paola Villafane
- Blackberries from Mountain Earth Farms
- Lemon cucumbers from Partnership Farm (but any cukes will do!)
- Tomatoes from Partnership Farm
- Wheat/Rye Bread from Lion Tamer (any crusty bread will do)
- Arugula from Global Growers
- Sprinkle of goat cheese or feta from Formaggio (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Mash one cup of blackberries with a fork.
- Stir in one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finely chop arugula.
- Slice tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Slice bread and toast. (or don’t toast, it’s great non-toasty too!)
- Spread blackberry mash on bread.
- Top with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of cheese. (if using)
- Finish with arugula on top.