Recipe by Dani San Filippo
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Saturday, July 9, 2016
- 1 medium cantaloupe, chopped, OR two pints blueberries OR half a medium watermelon, chopped (Really, this can be made with any melon or berry. Peaches are also a delicious option)
- Two teaspoons to two tablespoons honey, to taste (Bee Wild)
- Half-cup cold water
- 1 quart ice-cold water
- 3 limes
- Fresh herb of choice, such as mint, basil or thyme
- Juice limes and set aside.
- Place fruit in blender, or in a bowl with an immersion blender, along with honey and the half-cup cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Strain through a mesh sieve using a wooden spoon to press out all possible juice.
- Stir fruit juice together with lime juice and the ice-cold water in a pitcher.
- Serve on a hot summer day with a sprig of your choice of herb in each glass. Cantaloupe and thyme, blueberry and mint and watermelon and basil are wonderful combos.