Recipe by Cameron Thompson, Farm Burger
Demonstrated at the Westside Farmers Market on Sunday, July 10, 2016
- 4 peaches, sliced (Watsonia Farms)
- 2 large mint leaves, julienned
- 3 tablespoons toasted pecans (Pearson Farm)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese (Decimal Place Farm)
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile dressing (recipe below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 toasted ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Make the dressing. In a blender, blend together sugar and ancho chiles until it becomes a fine powder. Add mustard and lemon juice and blend until it becomes a paste. Slowly add oil and water to form a vinaigrette. Season with salt.
- Pile peaches in a small bowl and coat with dressing.
- Top with mint, pecans and feta. Serve.