Roasted Sweet Peppers with Halloumi Cheese & Crispy Thai Basil
Recipe by Chef Julia
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on July 15, 2017
- 2 cups cannellini beans or one can of beans
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
From the market:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved — Jody’s Farm
- 1/2 cup tomato varieties — Jody’s Farm
- 4-5 basil stems, chiffonade — Jody’s Farm
- 2T chive jalapeno pesto — PestoGrino
- 2 red onions or shallots, diced — Furrowed Earth Farm
- 1/2 loaf of herbed sourdough bread (toasted if you prefer) — La Calavera Bakery
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the veggies and the beans.
- Whisk the dressing together in a separate bowl, then slowly add to veggie and bean mixture, mixing it in thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
Can be eaten as a salad or on La Calavera bread as a bruschetta.
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.