Grilled Almond Butter & Jelly
Recipe by Educational Chef Liz Crawshaw
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on August 19, 2017
- 1 x Strawberry Jam from Dragonfly Design Studios @ $7/jar
- 1 x Blueberry Lavender Jam from Dragonfly Design Studios @ $7/jar 1
- x Fruit & Nut Bread from La Calavera Bakery @ $7.50/loaf
- 1 x Organic Fennelina Bread from La Calavera Bakery @ $9/loaf
- 1 x NaturAlmond Original Almond Butter from Georgia Grinders
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Oil (for brushing onto bread)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (for brushing onto bread)
- 1 Tsp of Cinnamon, if desired for dusting
For a special treat, transform your traditional PB&J into a warm, gooey, crunchy mouthful! Play around with your bread selection to highlight different flavor combinations. For this demo, I brushed the Fennelina Bread with the toasted sesame oil and paired it with the Strawberry Jam, and brushed the Fruit & Nut bread with the olive oil and paired it with the Blueberry Lavender Jam.
- Simply slice your bread about 1/2″ thick, brush both sides with desired oil, and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Then, take two slices of the grilled bread and apply the nut butter to each slice, followed by the jam.
I like to double up to get an extra gooey sandwich, but some people prefer nut butter on one slice and jam on the other. Put the two slices together and enjoy!
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.