Recipe by Educational Chef Andrea Blanton
Demonstrated at Grant Park Farmers Market on August 13, 2017
- 1 pint figs – Rag and Frass Farm
- 1 sprig holy basil – Rag and Frass Farm
- 6 oz package Pure Abundance Cashew Cheese – Formaggio
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract – Jardi Chocolates
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup high heat frying oil of your choice
- Cut stems off figs and slice very very small pieces.
- Dice cheese and holy basil leaves finely and mix together with figs, vanilla, agave and cinnamon.
- Place 1 tsp of mixture into center of a single wonton wrapper and fold by – Fold the wrapper in half into a triangle shape. Press the edges together to seal it well, and remove any air bubbles. Bring the two bottom corners of the triangle together, and seal them with a little water.
- Fill the remaining wrappers. Lay on parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Heat a deep skillet with frying oil and gently place in oil to cook for about 3 mins until golden brown.
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.