Recipe by Michael Bertozzi of Two Urban Licks
Demonstrated at Westside Farmers Market on September 18th, 2016
- Mizuna or arugula from Little Fox Farm
- Delicata squash from Little Fox Farm
- Apples from Mercier Orchards
- Dried Michigan Cherries
- Hickory vinaigrette
- Cheese, blue cheese or chevre from Formaggio
- Rinse and dry the mizuna or arugula.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off the squash and discard, and then peel the flesh into bite-size ribbons. Peel the apple in the same manner.
- Mix the squash and apple with some vinaigrette, and lightly dress the greens in the same vinaigrette.
- Combine the two and toss in dried cherries, hazelnuts and cheese.