Recipe: Spring Breakfast Salad
Recipe by Dani San Filippo
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Saturday, April 16th
- Green Onions from Furrowed Earth Farms
- Swiss Chard from Mountain Earth Farms
- Eggs from Jody’s Farm
- Sea Salt from Beautiful Briny Sea
- Vinegar (Red Wine or Champagne)
- Olive Oil
- Hard boil and peel eggs. Chop into quarters.
- Thinly slice green onions (whites only). Cover onion slices with red wine vinegar (used today) or champagne vinegar and let sit while preparing other ingredients (this makes a quick pickled green onion).
- Roughly chop swiss chard and spinach. Add to pan with EVOO, sea salt, and spritz of lemon juice. Sauté until slightly reduced and bright green.
- Remove from heat and massage with hands until soft and tender.
- Serve sauteed/massaged greens with pinch of sea salt, some quick pickled green onions and a hard boiled egg.