Sautéed Peaches and Green Beans with Toasted Pecans
Recipe by Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on July 5, 2017
- 2 lbs green beans (Mealor Family Gardens – 10$)
- 3 peaches, sliced (Pearson Farm )
- large bag of pecans (Pearson Farm – 14$)
- splash of kombucha (Golda Kombucha)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Roughly chop pecans and throw into a sauté pan.
- Toast pecans until aromatic and soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare green beans by slicing off ends and thinly slice the peaches.
- Toss beans and peach slices in 2 tablespoons of olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss beans and peach slices into a hot pan and cook until beans are soft enough, roughly 10-15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and toss in the pecans, as well as a tablespoon of kombucha or vinegar, and mix.
Our At-Market Educational chef demos are made possible by Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.