Demonstrated at the Ponce City Farmers Market on Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- Kohlrabi from Cosmos Organics
- Spring Onions from Scharko Farms
- Sweet Onions from Scharko Farms
- Cilantro from Scharko Farms
- Breakfast Radishes from King of Crops
- Duck Breasts from Hudson Valley
- Chorizo from Spotted Trotter
- Preserved San Marzano Tomatoes
- Pineapple Juice
- Lime Juice
- Onion Juice
- White Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Whole Grain Chips
- Marinate the duck in the pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro and onion juice.
- Slice the kohlrabi, radishes, spring onions, sweet onions very thinly. Quick pickle the radishes in the vinegar.
- Render the duck breast and then rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Add chorizo, caramelized onion, kohlrabi, cilantro and preserved tomatoes to the pan, sautee until cooked. Remove from pan. Deglaze pan with brown sugar, white vinegar, pineapple juice and cumin.
- Plate the chips, then the pickled radish, then add the duck and the vegetables from the pan, drizzle deglazed sauce.