Zucchini and Herb Muffins
Recipe by Chef Carolynn Ladd
Demonstrated at East Atlanta Village Farmers Market on June 29, 2017
- 1 cup organic corn meal
- ¼ cup organic corn flour
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (any colour will work)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk)
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds + 9 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 Cup shredded or finely chopped zucchini
- Preheat oven to 400F. Put 8 muffin liners in a cupcake pan.
- Mix chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Add the cooked quinoa.
- Check the chia gel to make sure it is thick a gloppy (it should take 15 minutes or so to obtain the right consistency). In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients together, including the chia gel, herbs and zucchini.
- Add the wet to the dry and combine in as few strokes as possible.
- Spoon batter in to muffins cups and bake until the edges are golden brown and they pass the toothpick test (approx. 25 minutes).