Recipe by Jessica Harlan
Demonstrated at Grant Park Farmers Market on October 16, 2016
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup apple cider (Mercier Orchards)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (Verdant Kitchen)
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and quartered (Crack in the Sidewalk)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula (Cosmos Farms)
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese (Formaggio)
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine the cider, vinegar, honey, and mustard. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until it shimmers. Add the radishes to the skillet and cook, stirring and turning frequently so they brown evenly, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the arugula in a large bowl. If the dressing has separated, whisk it to re-emulsify, then pour the dressing over the arugula and toss to coat the greens evenly. To serve, place a portion of greens on a salad plate, top with several pieces of the warm radishes, and crumble about a tablespoon of goat cheese over the salad.