Recipe courtesy of our friends at Oliver Farm Oils.
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Wednesday, October 4th.
The pecan flour in this recipe gives these pancakes a delicious, nutty flavor that’s sure to please, plus it’s gluten free!
From the Market:
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature (extra as needed)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth, or alternatively, mix in a mixing bowl. Since there is no gluten in this recipe you don’t have to worry about over mixing.
- Check the consistency of the batter. If it looks loose, wait two or three minutes–it should thicken up. If it doesn’t, add a tablespoon or more of buttermilk.
- Heat electric griddle, nonstick pan, or cast-iron skillet with a bit of melted butter. Check if the pan is hot enough by dropping a few drops of water. If they dance and sizzle, the pan is ready.
- Drop 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter on the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the edges and the bottoms are golden. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another one to two minutes.
- Serve hot with real maple syrup and fruit if desired, or try it with Bee Wild honey or Dragonfly Designs jam!
Our at-market Educational Chef demos are made possible by the generous support of Les Dames d’Escoffier International – Atlanta Chapter and Piedmont Healthcare.