Sweet Potato and Li Ren Choi Stir Fry With Noodles
Recipe by Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on October 12, 2016
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (Local Lands)
- 6 small heads if Li Ren Choi or bok choi (Global Growers)
- 1 head of garlic (Mealor Family Gardens)
- 1 medium onion (Local Lands)
- Half of a medium sized spicy pepper of choice (Mealor Family Gardens)
- Soy sauce
- Thai chili sauce
- Choice of noodles (rice, soba, veggie based, we used sweet potato noodles!)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetables by chopping sweet potatoes and onion into small pieces, mince the garlic and pepper, and roughly chop the Li Ren choi.
- Heat pan with 3 tablespoons of oil and add sweet potatoes and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, mixing.
- Add onions and pepper and sauces (to taste) to pan and mix.
- Continue to mix and cook vegetables for 7minutes then add Li Ren choi. Cook greens to desired texture and remove from heat.
- Mix vegetables with noodles and serve with additional sauce.