Recipe by Chef Terry Koval of Wrecking Bar
Demonstrated at the Ponce City Farmers Market on the Beltline on Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- Turnips from Cosmos Organics Farm
- Radishes from King of Crops
- Carrot Tops from Grant Wallace Farm
- 2 tbsp of toasted Georgia Pecans from Pearson Farm
- 1 handful of Basil
- 1 Lemon (zested, juiced)
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 cap of Sherry Vinegar
- 6-10 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Remove tops from vegetables and rinse under cold water, set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Have a bowl of salted ice water ready before blanching. When you are all set, gently add your tops and basil to the boiling water and submerge for 30 seconds or until tops are wilted. Quickly remove from pot and submerge into ice bath. Once you have completely chilled your tops and basil, remove them from your ice bath.
- In a food processor, pulse your greens with your garlic and pecans to a small rough chop. Do not puree, and slowly add your olive oil.
- Remove from food processor to large bowl. Stir in your sherry vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice and season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Toss with cooked vegetables and serve.