Recipe by Dan Latham, Farm Burger
Demonstrated at the Ponce City Farmers Market on Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Sourdough loaf (La Calavera)
- Peaches (Watsonia Organic)
- Large tomatos (Cosmos Organic)
- Cherry tomatoes (Aluma Farm)
- Onion, red or white (Cosmos Organic)
- Cucumber (Aluma Farm)
- Jalapeño (Cosmos Organic)
- Basil (Aluma Farm)
- Olive oil (Bellina Alimentari)
- Sherry vinegar or vinegar (Piedmont Provisions)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the sourdough loaf into one-inch thick slices, then cut those in half or quarters.
- Heat a skillet or grill with olive oil. When hot, toast the bread until charred and crispy. Set aside.
- Slice the peaches, tomatoes, onion and cucumber into similar-size slices. Combine these with a lot of salt and a little pepper.
- Finely dice the jalapeño and add a little bit to the vegetable mixture, to taste.
- Chiffonade the basil, or use whole leaves if small. Add to vegetable mixture along with a large amount of olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture onto each slice of bread and serve.