Recipe by Sumer Ladd of FoodCorps
Demonstrated at the Grant Park Farmers Market on Sunday, May 15, 2016
- 8 firm Peaches from Pearson Farm – $7 (peeled, pitted, sliced)
- Goat Cheese from Formaggio
- Baguette from The General Muir
- 3 tbsp fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of sugar or honey
- 3 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of Water
- Peel, remove pits, and slice peaches.
- In a nonreactive pot, bring apple cider vinegar, water, sugar/honey, red pepper flakes, and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peaches and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add to a jar and make sure peaches are fully submerged in liquid. Seal with a lid and refrigerate.
- Peaches can be enjoyed immediately or kept in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
They are the perfect addition to any cheese plate, pork or chicken dish, or right out the jar.