Recipe by Dani San Filippo
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Saturday, April 16th
- Green Onions from Furrowed Earth Farm
- Radishes from Furrowed Earth Farm
- Asparagus from Watsonia Farm
- Eggs from Jody’s Farm
- Sea Salt from Beautiful Briny Sea
- Bread from La Calavera
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar (Red Wine or Champagne)
- Grainy Mustard
- Hard boil and peel eggs. Chop into quarters.
- Thinly slice radishes and cover with vinegar to make quick pickled radishes. These can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- Thinly slice green onions (whites only). Cover onion slices with red wine vinegar (used today) or champagne vinegar and let sit while preparing other ingredients (this makes a quick pickled green onion).
- Sautee asparagus in EVOO and pinch of sea salt on med-high heat until bright green and just slightly softened.
- When asparagus is done throw bread in pan on high heat and toast, ~3 minutes/side. Spread light layer of grainy mustard (Dijon) on toast.
- Serve asparagus and toast with boiled egg and top with some quick