Smoked Gouda and Dandelion Greens Panini with Sweet Corn and Red Onions
Recipe by Chef Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on June 14, 2017
- Flat baguette (Proof Bakery),
- 1 bunch of dandelion greens (Global Growers)
- Applewood smoked gouda (Formaggio)
- 3 young red onions
- 2 ears of sweet corn (Local Lands)
- Olive oil
- Chop greens into even pieces, slice onions into rounds and then halves. 2.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. 3.
- Add greens and continue to cook for ten minutes.
- Chop corn of the cob and add to pan. “Milk” the cobs over the pan by sliding the back of the knife over the cob at an angle.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 more minutes then remove from heat.
- Slice baguette through the center horizontally.
- Heat flat pan with a small amount of oil and toast both sides of the bread slices.
- Add sliced Gouda to the inner side of the bread slices and let melt.
- Add greens on top of the cheese and close the sandwich. Press the sandwich with a spatula or use a panini maker.