Recipe by Gary Donlick of Bistro Niko
Demonstrated at Ponce City Farmers Market on August 16, 2016
- Thinly sliced salmon (escalope is the name of the way you slice it)
- Cucumbers from King of Crops
- Arugula from King of Crops
- Basil from King of Crops
- Tomatoes from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Parsley from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Diced tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Slice the fillet of salmon very thinly and salt both sides, and set a wide sautee pan over medium high heat. Add oil, when oil is hot, sautee the salmon for 1 or 2 minutes per side. remove from heat and set aside on paper towels to drain oil.
- In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes with capers, shallots, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- On plates, place arugula, then salmon, then top with the tomato vinaigrette. Serve!