Salad with Yin Yang Dressing
Recipe by Chef David Sweeney
Demonstrated at Ponce City Farmers Market on April 11, 2017
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 2 tbsp. Raw Coconut Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Umeboshi Paste
- 5 tbsp. Sesame oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Salad mix from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Radishes from Levity Farms
- This is a very simple sweet & sour dressing that can be enhanced by adding almost any herb, garlic, ginger and/or turmeric root. It can be used on salads, raw vegetables, as a dip or even a sauce for meats, tempeh or tofu.
- Please note – because there is raw honey in this dressing, it should never be heated. Going above 60 degrees with honey will cause it to become toxic for the body. The dressing is perfectly alkaline in its raw state and will assist in the nutrient absorption of whatever you choose to dress it with.
- Mix all ingredients well with a whisk. Done!