Recipe by Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Market on Wednesday, April 27th.
- Carrots from King of Crops
- Turnips from Global Growers
- Beets from Mountain Earth
- Collard Greens from Mayflor Farm
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Destem collard greens and slice in half. Set aside.
- Cook the turnip greens: remove greens from turnips. Wash, chop coarse, and sautee with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Chop beets, carrots, and turnips into small cubes. Sautee at medium high heat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a splash of soy sauce. Cook until tender and easily pierced by a fork. Mix cooked veggies with greens.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cooked vegetables on collard green leaf, close to one end. Roll leaf around veggies and secure with toothpick. Repeat until there are no more collard leaves or no more vegetables.
Recipe can be adapted to use any root vegetable.