Recipe by Chef Julio Delgado of JP Atlanta
Demonstrated at the Westside Farmers Market on May 1, 2016
- 3 medium Turnips from Cosmos Organics (peeled and grated or cut julienne)
- 2 bunches of Red Russian Kale from Cosmos Organics (stems removed, cute julienne)
- 1/2 cup of Herbs – Mint, Basil, Scallions, Chives from Little Fox Farm (cut chiffonade)
- 2 cups of Strawberries from Little Fox Farm (cut in quarters)
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt from Atlanta Fresh
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Juice
- 1 oz. of Tarragon (stems removed)
- 1 oz. of Parsley (stems removed)
- 3 oz. of Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place the turnips, kale, strawberries and the ½ a cup of herbs into a salad bowl.
- Using a blender, blend the yogurt, lemon juice, tarragon and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the yogurt dressing to the turnips mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the turnip, kale and strawberry salad with your protein of choice. In this case, we use a chicken croquette. Other substitutions can be grilled chicken breast, grilled fish or steak.