Recipe by Michael Perez, Coletta
Demonstrated at the Ponce City Farmers Market on Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes (Aluma Farm)
- 4 ounce lambs quarter greens (Truly Living Well)
- 1 ounce wildflower honey (Bee Wild)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 slices focaccia (Bellina Alimentari)
- 1 ounce Duke’s mayonnaise
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mortadella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, fry the mortadella until crispy. Set aside.
- Toast bread for about one minute in the oven.
- While bread is toasting, slice tomatoes in half. Add one drop of honey to the exposed flesh.
- Smear mayonnaise on bread and top with crispy mortadella. Place tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and garnish with lambs quarter.