Herbed Carrot Dipe
Recipe by Chef Carolynn Ladd of A Date with Figs
Demonstrated at East Atlanta Village Farmers Market on May 4, 2017
- 1 bunch carrots – sliced (Crack in the Sidewalk Farmlet)
- 1 spring onion- chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme- leaves removed
- 1 small sprig rosemary- chopped
- Knob coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 Table spoons – Olive oil
- Add coconut oil to a stockpot set to medium heat.
- Add herbs, and onion and let cook until onion is tender and translucent. Next add carrots, salt and pepper and cook until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the Carrot mix and garlic to a food processor or blender.
- With the food processor running, add the olive oil a little at a time until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Perfect with toast and eggs in the morning!