Recipe by Andy Gonzalez, Steinbeck’s
Demonstrated at the Decatur Farmers Markets on Wednesday, April 7, 2016
- Grits from Riverview Farms
- Eggs from Local Lands
- Ghee from Mixte Cuisine
- Rabe from King of Crops
- Asparagus from Watsonia Farms
- Chives from King of Crops
- Milk with Formaggio
- Cook grits with two parts milk, three parts water, and one part grits. Stir constantly until they are soft, season with salt and pepper. Add one tablespoon of ghee or butter to finish.
- Sautee rabe and asparagus with olive oil until asparagus is bright green and al dente.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper, and a touch of ghee. Cook, stirring gently until they are soft scrambled.
- Plate the dish. Grits first, then vegetables, then egg. Finish with finely chopped chives, salt, and pepper.