Farm Fresh Quick Pickles
Recipe by Andrea Blanton
Demonstrated at Grant Park Farmers Market on July 02, 2017
Pickling Veggie Options:
- Watermelon Radishes – Mayflor Farms
- Purple Onions – Mena’s Farms
- Cucumbers and Jalapenos – Rag & Frass Farm
- Cherry Tomatoes – Crack in the Sidewalk Farmlet
- 1 cup pickle salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 (10 oz) mason jars with lids
- Heat brine ingredients and water in small pot over medium to heat to dissolve sugar and salt. Stir.
- Slice veggies to fit snuggly into 10 oz jars and poured warm liquid to cover all veggies. Cover with lid.
- Allow to sit for at least 2 hours before serving. Best if chilled overnight. Serve within 10 days.