Recipe by Chef Carolynn Ladd
Demonstrated at East Atlanta Village Farmers Market on July 20, 2017
- 1 lb of cucumbers, peeled if waxy, and unpeeled if organic and not waxy, chopped + 1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers reserved for garnish – Cosmos Organic Farm
- 2-4 cup raw honey – Bee Wild Honey
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 15 lemons) 8 cups water divided
- 12 ice cubes
- Place chopped cucumbers in the blender with 1 to 2 cups of water.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or into the pitcher, pressing with the back of the ladle to get all the juice through the sieve. Discard pulp.
- Add ice on top of cucumber
- Heat 1-1/2 cups of water on the stove top over high heat until simmering, but not boiling. Remove from heat and whisk in honey until dissolved.
- Pour honey mixture, lemon, and water over ice and cucumber. Stir well to combine.