Creamed Greens with Parmesan Chips
Recipe by Chef Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on May 3, 2017
- Spinach (Furrowed Farms)
- 1 lb Green onions (Global Growers)
- 4 small Infused Sunflower seed Oil (Oliver Farms)
- 2 Tablespoons Whole milk w/ Cream top (Formaggio)
- at least 1/2 cup Parmesan chips (Mad Mama Gourmet)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean spinach, remove stems, and chop into thin ribbons.
- In a pot, boil salted water and add spinach. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove spinach from water and place in an ice bath until cool. Remove and pat dry as much as possible. Set aside.
- Chop green onions into small rings.
- In a saute pan, heat oil and add green onions. cook and stir until aromatic.
- Add flour to pan and mix into crumbly paste. 6. While whicking, slowly add milk with cream to the pan, until smooth mixture is acheived.
- Add spinach into pan and mix. Add pepper to taste and cook for 3-5 minutes to enhance flavor. Remove from heat.
- Serve with Mad Mama’s Parmesan chips, crumbled over or half a chip for each serving. Enjoy!