Recipe by Julio Delgado of JP Atlanta
Demonstrated at Ponce City Farmers Market on August 23, 2016
- Fresh yellow whole corn on the cob
- Parmesan cheese – grated
- Butter in 1-inch chunks
- Sungold tomatoes – sliced, from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Zebra tomatoes – quartered, from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Radishes – sliced and greens removed and finely chopped, from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Arugula – finely chopped, from Cosmos Organic Farm
- Olive oil (bellina)
- Sourwood honey (bee wild)
- Lemon juice
- Clean the corn. With a small knife, cut each corn kernel in half. Then slice them off the cob. Press each kernel with a spoon to remove the inside. Heat a pan over medium-to-high heat, add the corn, butter, Parmesan, salt and cook, stirring for about four minutes. Season to taste and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, radishes and arugula in a bowl. Dress with olive oil, sourwood honey and lemon juice.
- Plate the corn grits and add the salad on top.