Recipe by Joey Ward of Gunshow
Demonstrated at Grant Park Farmers Market on August 28th, 2016
- 12 ears sweet corn
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 limes (zest & juice)
- 1 tablespoon madras curry
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Begin by roasting 3 ears of the corn in a 350 degree oven on roasting rack, with husks still on for 30-40 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Shuck the cooked corn (once cooled) and cut kernels off the the cobs. Discard cobs and husks and reserve the roasted corn kernels.
- Shuck the remaining raw corn and discard husks. In a large bowl with a grater, grate the raw corn making sure to extract the milky corn liquid from the cob. Discard the grated husks. Reserve the corn pulp.
- In a medium pot, over mediu-heat, sweat the onions, jalapenos, garlic, ginger in the coconut oil, until slightly translucent.
- Add madras curry and stir until fragrant.
- Add corn pulp and roasted corn and simmer for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk and cook another 5 mins, or until desired thickness.
- Add salt to taste. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice and zest.
- Serve topped with toasted coconut, and peanuts.