Recipe by Chef Paola Villafane
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on June 28, 2017
- Leeks (Snapfinger Farms $4)
- unsalted butter
- Chop leaves and roots off of the leeks.
- Split leeks from top to bottom and rinse with cold water. Slice leek halves into diagonal pieces.
- Store leeks in a bag in the fridge for at least two hours, or over night.
- Melt half a stick of butter in a sauté pan and add leeks.
- Cook leeks for 3 minutes, stirring gently, then add salt and pepper (and other spices of choice) to taste. Continue to stir gently for 5-7 more minutes.