Basil Baba Ganoush
This recipe comes to us from Jessica Elizondo of More_Than_Food. She’s been cooking regularly under the chef’s tent at the Grant Park Farmers Market, and with her background in nutrition, we love all of the healthy recipes she makes out of what’s at the market. In the next couple of weeks, we’ll have to say goodbye to basil and eggplant for the season, until they return next summer. In the meantime, here’s a recipe that makes good use out of them. Enjoy!
- Eggplants (6 small)
- Fresh Parsley (handful)
- Fresh Basil (handful)
- Juice of a lemon
- Tahini (about 2/3 cup)
- Raw veggies (carrots, celery, peppers)
- Coconut Oil
- Eggplant- Chop off both ends, & slice length-wise; grill or sautée in coconut oil on the stove for 5 – 10 minutes or until tender.
- Mix all ingredients (except raw veggies) in a food processor, adding water if too thick.
- Slice raw veggies, & use as scoopers (in place of chips or pita)
- Enjoy with friends and family over great conversation 🙂