Recipe by Chef Paola
Demonstrated at Decatur Farmers Market on September 7, 2016
- 1/2 cup of flour (we used Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat flour)
- 3 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk from Formaggio
- 1 egg from Local Lands
- 3 tablespoons of butter (or oil) from Banner Butter
- 2 large apples from Mercier Orchards
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple cider from Mercier Orchards
- Coconut oil for panfrying
- Chop up apples into a rough mince.
- In a medium saucepan mix apples cinnamon and apple cider over medium
- Heat until mixture absorbs all the liquid. Remove from heat and set
- Combine flour, salt, baking Powder, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix.
- Add egg, milk, and butter/oil to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add apple mixture into pancake batter and mix until smooth.
- Heat sauté pan over high heat with enough coconut oil to coat the
surface of the pan.
- When oil is hot, pour pancake batter into pan, flipping pancakes
when the uncooked surface is full of bubbles. Cook other side up to 2
minutes. Remove from heat and serve.