Chef Liz taught the seniors at the Decatur Housing Authority how to make feta and quinoa stuffed tomatoes. Check out the recipe here!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: Makes 8-16 servings
- 8 large tomatoes
- 8 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Cut 8 large tomatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out the pulp from each tomato half, leaving shells intact; discard seeds and coarsely chop pulp.
- Stir together pulp, feta cheese, cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Spoon mixture evenly into tomato shells, and place in a baking dish (two 9 x 9 inch dishes).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with more parsley sprigs, if desired.