Community Farmers Markets (CFM) works with over 130 small business owners, ranging from farmers to small food businesses. CFM has launched a vendor professional development program in partnership with the Food Well Alliance. We are seeking professionals who can become mentors to an individual small business owner. Mentors and their businesses will be listed as in-kind sponsors on the CFM website in exchange for their help.
We are seeking experts in the following subject areas:
- Building a team- growing from sole proprietor to a business with employees
- Diversifying wholesale/retail outlets
- Financial planning- general
- Financial planning specifically related to cash flow projections for start up business
- Financial planning specifically related to inventory/pricing
- Moving from cottage foods to small scale commercial operation
- On-farm farmers market development
- Land acquisition
- Marketing and branding related to production/distribution growth
- Fundraising for a small farm (should include grant support)
- Scaling up- small business development
- Time management
Scope of Work:
- Mentor and mentee will work together to develop a project based on the vendor’s pre-selected #1 challenge in the next 12 months. Based on the project, mentors will recommend milestones and a timeframe (within 1-9 months). Mentees and mentors will commit to fulfillment of project within agreed upon timeline.
- Mentor/Mentee can determine how they will work together and how often they should meet. They will work together to submit brief monthly progress reports to ensure projects are on track.
To apply to be a mentor please submit the following application, mentors will be accepted on a rolling basis and matched by the end of June. Thank you for your support of this tremendous program.